Rocket Tetraploid Annual Italian Ryegrass
Rocket is a tetraploid annual ryegrass selected under intensive Australian grazing conditions. Rocket establishes quickly with explosive emergence in both broadcast and sown situations and in trials has been one of the highest winter producing tetraploid annual varieties. It has good rust resistance and will provide an extra grazing over Tetila with Rockets later maturity. Rocket shows high sugar, protein and water content making it nutritious and palatable to all classes of livestock, increasing voluntary animal intake, excelling animal performance – ultimately increasing productivity with Rocket.
- Highly autumn, winter active
- Explosive emergence and vigour
- High water soluble carbohydrates plant sugars make Rocket highly palatable
- Rapid regrowth after grazing
- High level of rust resistance
- Broader glossy leaves with longer blades have a greater resistance to lodging. This enables high yields and achievement of outstanding forage, hay and silage production
Seed agronomy table
|Heading date||+8 days|
|Min Rainfall (mm)||550|
|High Rainfall / Irrigation||25-30|
Enterprises for this SeedSheep
Hay & Silage
- Very strong cool season growth and good nutritive value.