Diplex Diploid Italian Ryegrass
High protein, highly digestible forage with a long growing season potential. Diplex is a biennial form of Italian Ryegrass. It has a greater tiller density than tetraploid cultivars and coupled with its late maturity is able to produce high dry matter yield of superior nutritive value later in the season. Diplex is a rapid establishing, high yielding, productive, summer persistent diploid Italian ryegrass, which is very high yielding and has improved persistence. It is ideal for all classes of livestock and is the ideal grass to sow during autumn, winter and spring for grazing and/or silage. Diplex retains its energy value in late winter and spring.
- Persists from 9 months to 2 years with favourable conditions
- Densely tillered
- Strong winter growth
- Later maturity than other diploid and tetraploid Italian ryegrasses giving an extended production period
- Rapid establishing, upright and vigorous at all growth stages
Seed agronomy table
|Heading date||+15 days|
|Min Rainfall (mm)||700|
|High Rainfall / Irrigation||20-25|
Enterprises for this SeedSheep
Hay & Silage
- Italian ryegrass (biennial type).
- Very strong cool season growth and nutritive value
- Longevity (2 years); may occasionally be greater in moist, pest-free situations and rotational grazing.